Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

To keep it simple or not? Why do we have to choose!!??

As a creative person, you know a question that always makes me blubber like an idiot? 

"Describe your style?"

WHAT? UUMmm...well..ya...you see...

That is pretty much what my brain does when it's asked that question.

Really...my "style" depends on my subject! If' I'm scrapping, my subject is/are the picture(s.) If I'm doing a canvas, it's the paper or the phrase I have in mind for the project. If it's a gift, it's the person who is going to receive it.

I guess you could say, I like to keep it interesting!

Today, I wanted to share with you a few scrapbook layouts that were all done by me, but are all VERY different in their composition.



This has got to be one of the "simplest" layouts I have ever done, but one of my favs. It consists of: paper from Hobby Lobby (the butterflies were "pre-embellished"), foam Thickers, journaling spot from Jillibean Soup and a little paper trim from Doodlebug to "frame" the picture. That's it! I probably had it done in 10 minutes. Sometimes it worth paying a little bit more for your paper if it's going to make your job easier.


Now this one...is what you would call BUSY! LOL. There are paint splatters, chipboard circles, washi and glitter tape, butterflies, stamps, journaling...there is a lot going on! The reason? I wanted to convey the fun of CHA and my EXCITEMENT over being there. The pictures are kept in a circular pattern so that not one is highlighted and circles in the background help support that idea, along with keeping up the fun without going CRAZY with the color. (and yes...that is the FABULOUS Becky Higgins, along with Maggie (aka Mid-Western Sewing Girl) and Lindsey both of Heidi Swapp's Media team and Trisha of Artsy Adventure!)



This layout, to me, is "middle of the road." Yes...there are "clusters" of a lot going on, but the colors are all uniform in tone, compliment each other without one particular one sticking out (the patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye's Miss Caroline line.) Even using the bold chevron from Heidi Swapp in the background isn't overpowering because the color itself is very soft and it blends well with the other colors. 

I do have to do a shout out on this one...see those ADORABLE little bows? They were designed for AccuCut by my friend Vicki Chrisman. They were so easy to make and really added to the feminine feel of this whole layout.

So there you go...three layouts...all very different, but all from the same mind (as crazy as it may be! LOL!)

If you like simple, then be simple. If you like crazy, then be crazy! If you wanna do it all, then do it all and let your individual project be your guide.

Be you...be true and be creative.

Until Next time friends...

XOXO
KERI

No comments:

Post a Comment