Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Blog Hopping with the Susan K Weckesser Crew!!






Welcome to the 2013 Susan K Weckesser Inc Design Team Back 2 School Blog Hop.  Our Design Team and Guest Designers have created a week’s worth of great projects to bring you inspiration and fun -- all themed around Back 2 School. 

We encourage you to visit each member’s blog, leave a comment and maybe find a new blog to follow.

 After you have visited all participating team member’s blogs, go back to THE STARTING POST at Susan K Weckesser’s My Sweet Earth Blog and leave a comment letting us know which project either inspired you or touched your heart.

 Don’t worry, you have all week to take your time and go through the blogs. We’ll feature a few each day at Susan K Weckesser Inc, but will draw names from comments left on THE STARTING POST for our grand prize.

Here is the list for ALL team members, but again don’t panic, we will highlight a few each day so you can come back and visit a few at a time if you want because we know how busy you Moms – and Dads – are! You have until Saturday night 11:55 PM CST to leave a comment at Susan K Weckesser’s My Sweet Earth.

HERE WE GO!!!!

I'm so excited to be an All-Star Guest Designer with Susan K. Weckesser and this week the designers and guest designers in her crew are having a little back to school blog hop!

You can't have "Back to School" with out first having an AMAZING summer, right? So I wanted to gather all of our summer fun in one place.

Here is my little project:


This sweet little album measures just 4.75 x 4.75, but holds an amazing 18 pictures! 

How you ask?

ENVELOPES!!!

By chaining envelopes together, you can form a versatile album in any size and shape you need!

Click HERE for a full tutorial I did on my blog last year on the basics of making an envelope album.



As you can see, it folds out into a fun according shape that makes it easy to display.


This is how you get 18 pictures in such a small album! Hidden behind each picture is a card that holds 2 more pictures and journaling. I fell in LOVE with these square envelopes I found at Hobby Lobby! Adding my 4x4 square Instagram pictures made this album go together in a snap because there was no picture trimming! I didn't even have to cut paper for my inserts...I simply cut the cards in half that came with my envelopes. Easy Peasy! 




 I wanted to keep things simple because the pictures and paper were so great. I used a little Washi Tape (My Mind's Eye, Carta Bella and Queen and Company) and some wooden pieces (Studio Calico and Hobby Lobby) to accent the fun prints and colors of Susan's Paper. Using Susan's stamps from Unity Stamp Company on the wooden pieces gave them instant character!

I also used her "Celebration of Simple" pennant stamps by Unity Stamp Company to create my journaling spots on each page. Creative NOTE: Changing the placement of each spot keeps the album from feeling uniform when you reuse an  image like I did!


Here is a little side-view!

Here is a complete list of products used on this project:
Flowers: Michaels, Prima Marketing, Petalloo, Hobby Lobby
Envelopes and Inserts: Hobby Lobby
Twine and Adhesive: Canvas Corp
Paper: Susie B Studios (Susan K Weckesser)
Washi Tape: My Mind's Eye, Carta Bella and Queen and Company
Wooden Pieces: Studio Calico and Hobby Lobby
Pens: Sharpie and Sakuro
Ink: Ranger
Stamps: Susan K Weckesser for Unity Stamp Company
Rub-Ons: Fancy Pants Designs
Alpha Stickers: American Crafts

I hope you enjoyed my little project and it inspires you to remember all the summer fun you had now that the craziness of back to school is here!

Until next time creative friends, happy hopping!

XOXO,

KERI

30 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!! LOVE this! this turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura!! Give it a try...they are so fun to make!

      Delete
  2. Gorrrgeous album stuffed full of precious memories!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy!! I actually gave this album to my mom for her birthday. I loved being able to give her a bunch of recent pics of my kiddos at one time...in one place!

      Delete
  3. That's so cute, (I use envelopes in my mini too, great minds think alike) I love yours.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaine! Aren't envelopes fabulous!? So simple, but so many uses!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful project... GREAT idea... I may be scraplifting for my summer with the Grandboys! Thanks for Sharing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Scraplifting is the pinnacle of flattery! Share it with me if you do!

      Delete
  5. I've never seen an album like this before. I really like the concept and am truly inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy! They are a lot of fun to make and with sssooo many options for envelopes, the possibilities are endless! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous little album! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet album--I like how many photos it holds.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that great Sue? I loved when I counted up how many pictures I would need...and I could have used more if I would have added pics to the back instead of just embellishements. Really, I could have had 23!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful album! I just love the size and all the fun embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the size adorable!? You could totally carry around in your purse! LOL.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Wow that is a sweet little album for sure! How delightful. THank you for taking the time to create and share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Christine! It was a fun project to make!

      Delete
  10. Wow!! I love everything about this mini album! All the wonderful stamping and the flowers on the front for added cheer and texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karenladd! It was sssoo hard deciding which flowers to use!!! LOL

      Delete
  11. Your little album is just so CUTE! Love all the details! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a yummy mini. Perfect for those cutie patooties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute, and I love the chunky feel to it, just makes you want to hold it!

    ReplyDelete