Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

The First "Oh Scrap!" of 2014!!

What's up Lifers!?

It's time, once again, for a little "Oh Scrap!"

Today, I want to inspire and encourage you to scrap those pictures and events that might not be "perfect." They are still worth remembering. 

Let's start with a little "Hello Reality"
This layout features:  Pink Paislee's Hey Kid Collection  . 


I'm sure if you're a parent...you can relate. You pay all this money for a photo shoot so you can have fabulous pictures for your Christmas card and when you get them back, you are only partially shocked that out of 50 family pics, there is not ONE where the whole family looks good (in our case..that would be 5 people perfectly posed at one time.)

So...instead of being upset about...we rolled with it. My husband actually came up with the idea of adding the little bubbles and the idea of "what were we really thinking during that picture?" I decided to take it a little farther and write a little Christmas poem to make everyone giggle during the stressful holidays.

This layout is all about playing up the playfulness of the Christmas card with crazy lines, clustered embellishments and arrows pointing everywhere (which is pretty much how that photo shoot felt! LOL!)

Next up...let's talk about my youngest apparent animosity toward peeps...

"Where My Peeps At?"


Yes...this actually happened this past Easter. My youngest (who will be 4 next month) ate JUST the heads off of an entire box of peeps. Houston...I think we have a problem. :)

For this layout, I wanted to focus on bright, fun colors of Easter, so Pink Paislee's Spring Jubilee was perfect for my accent papers. My background was made with Pink Paislee's Artisan Collection Mistables Paper and Tattered Angels paints in coordinating colors.

For texture, I added some rosettes, gems (which are kind of hard to see on the left side by the "where") and feathers were, of course, necessary!

I kept my title a little zany by mixing up American Crafts Thickers in different fonts and textures, with some Pink Paislee Wood Shop letters. 

I hope you have giggled along with me at my crazy little life and are inspired to keep it real! Not every scrapbook picture has to be a professional head shot...or perfectly posed. This is life! It's messy, funny and rarely perfect, but it's all our's. 

Until next time...remember to make your creativity a choice...not an afterthought. 

XOXO,

KERI

No comments:

Post a Comment