Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Making a Treasured Childhood Keepsake

It has been a CRAZY few weeks!

 Between CHA Prep, CHA in Vegas, Family vacation to Florida and our Internet being down for almost a week when we got back, I feel like I've been cut off from the world!

I'm happy to be back, sharing my creative life with you!

Today, I want to share a little project I did just yesterday.

For those of you who follow me, you know I seriously don't like to sew...it's even right over there in the "about me section." 

But my daughter, Kylee, is in love with Power Ranger's Samurai and did not want to give up her Power Ranger's T-Shirt that has grown far too small.



So I came up with the idea to turn her favorite shirt in to a pillow (then I wouldn't have to argue with her about NOT wearing it! LOL!!) 

Here's what I did:

I turned the shirt inside out and made a straight stitch just under the neckline from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.


Next I made a straight stitch just inside of both arm seams.


I chose the wait to cut the neck and arms off until I double checked to make sure that my pillow form would would fit. Since, I am not the best seamstress in the world, I figured this was a safer option in case I messed up! 


Lastly, I flipped the pillow/shirt right side out and machine stitched half the bottom seam to it would be extra sturdy. 

After stuffing my pillow form in, I hand stitched the bottom seam to finish my project!



It might not be "perfect," but she's perfectly happy. :) 

So for those who say they can't sew...the answer is...YES YOU CAN!!! Trust me...if I can do it...you can do it!

Until next time...get caught being creative!!


No comments:

Post a Comment