Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Keepin' it NEW in 2013!!

This past weekend I added to my stack of NEW experiences for 2013...

RAN MY FIRST HALF-MARATHON!!

You read that right! I chugged along for almost 3 hours and ran 13.1 miles through the streets of Springfield, MO for the Go Girl Half-Marathon. 


My hubby got some awesome pics like this one with my time shot. I will take that time for my first race! :) Especially since 5 weeks ago we weren't even sure if I was going to be able to run bc of an injury. I lost 2 1/2 weeks of training because of it. 

Another fantastic action shot!


These girls were my fabulous "coaches" and cheerleaders! Deana (in pink) was my go to girl when I was like "what am I doing?!?" She and her sister, Diana (in blue) are avid runners and after they finished (with an amazing time of 2 hrs 11 minutes!), they came back and ran the last 1/4 mile with me, yelling encouragements the whole way. 

These beautiful ladies are my sis-in-laws. They, along with Deana, were part of my original inspiration to get off my butt and run. They decided just a few days before the race to put their running skills to the test in a half-marathon. They are very lucky to have each other as BFFs, neighbors, and running partners. 

Ok...one more pic. At the end of the race, they had a place where you could pick different sayings to customize a shirt and when I read this one...I knew I had to have it. 


Too funny right?!?!

So...here we are. Almost halfway through the year and for the first time ever I feel like I am keeping my "new year's resolution." I am having NEW experiences, finding NEW venues of creativity, and daily making the choice to wake up to be a NEW and better person. 

I hope and pray that you will continue to join me on the ride through MY Creative Life as you live YOUR life to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment