Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Who knew Blog Hops can lead to epiphanies?

I love Blog Hops! I think they are so much fun, but I am sssooo surprised at how many people don't know what a 'blog hop" is!

Here's the reader's digest version...two companies swap products and during the same time, they each post projects featuring both companies and link between the two blogs so people can "hop" back and forth.

Makes sense, right?

This week, I had the privilege of participating in a blog hop between Canvas Corp and Sweet Stamp Shop.

Now I am not a big stamper...my mind has a hard time of looking at a stamp and seeing beyond making a card with it. (Is that just me?)

BUT, when I saw Sweet Stamp Shop's "Against the Grain" stamp set I was like "huh...that kind of looks like  Zebra print (instead of the woodgrain it was suppose to be!)

And then when I got to looking at Canvas Corp's new "Baby Girl Sampler" I was inspired to do something that is way out of my normal style.

Why is it out of my style? BECAUSE IT'S SIMPLE! LOL

I love the words on the Canvas Corp sampler and I really felt like they spoke to what I wanted for my little girls, so I kept the layout as a whole very simple, so that the words became the focus and the pictures supported it.


Here is a closeup of the journaling strips that were just cut from the sampler.

I LOVE this background stamp! I stamped it with embossing ink and the covered it with thick black embossing powder to add some shine and texture to the whole project.

Through this project I learned something new...

Sometimes we scrap to learn a new technique.
Sometimes we scrap because we have the perfect picture.
And sometimes we scrap just because we have something to say.
That’s what this layout is about.
Have a blessed day and see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment