Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Putting Myself Out There is Scary!

Like any artist it is ssoo hard for me to put myself out there and let people critique what I do, but if you don't will you ever get any better?
 
I've decided not to live in fear of the unknown and put myself out there...no matter how scary!! LOL
 
In 9 days I will be submitting projects to audition for Jillibean Soup's Design Team!
 
They requested 2 layouts and 1 "other project." Below is a sneak peek of one of my layouts. Afterwards...I'll post the whole thing.
 
This actually features the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline-Dilly Dally line. I've had the 6x6 pad of this for a while (got a GREAT deal on it on Peachy Cheap!) and since the projects don't have to feature Jillibean, I thought this was a perfect opportunity to use it since it is similar to Jillibean.
 

Had a lot of fun making 3-D Flowers and playing with lace. I only had off-white lace, so I got out my trusty Tattered Angels Glam in "Be Positive" and just changed it up!

What I also did that was fun was to head to my local Walmart Paint section and grab some paint swatches in coordinating colors. This is a fun (and thrifty!) way to add the perfect solid colored accents to any project.

Are you interested? Here is the Jillibean Soup Blog for more details: Jillibean Soup Blog-Design Team Call

Deadline is September 15th, so get on it and step out without fear! (Or at least in SPITE of it!!)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment